The moment one hits puberty, most of the parents start to think about about the future of their kids. The milestones one achieves in life is mostly governed by various factors such as graduation completion, job security, and marriage in India. Once you jump across a certain 20s threshold, the next most important thing becomes marraige after livelihood for your family, especially according to your parents.
It is a quite debated topic if a person should be getting married before or after a certain age. Here we will focus on thi topic in depth by the help of a Quora thread, where people have stated their different opinions.
Most of the users are of the opinion that there is no age upper limit for marriage and one should think about marriage only when she or he meets Mr. Right or Miss Right accordingly. A Quora user stated, “Marriage is something that does not have a ‘right time’ but it really does have an egg timer on it, which means that you really need to wait until your relationship develops just right.”
While another Quora user has something quite different to share. According to him, a person should think of marri9age only when he/she has achieved something great in life.
Let us look at some of the different opinions:
1. Get married while you are still young: The user said that one should think about marriage after graduation or in late 20s. “You would be still quite young and can get more time to enjoy a married life and blossom your personality in that new relationship,” he said.
2. One should marry after he/she is self reliant: It is very essential to earn before you think of marriage, especially for women as you do not have any clue aboout what is gouing to happen next in life, said a Quora user.
3. Get married after you feel you’ve become successful: “For many marriage happens after they have crossed 30-year of age,” the user added. It is okay to do so if you are already in a serious and committed relationship but if you happen to be single, then you should think of marriage before you turn 30.
4. Marry when you find the person with whom you want children: Another Quora user suggested that the right time one should get married after he or she finds a special someone with whom he/she can have children or raise a family. Marriage is afterall about having a family.
5. There is no age limit defined for marriage: “I do not believe there is a particular age for marriage, what truly matters is the maturity of two people who are going to get married,” said another user. Moreover maturity has nothing to do with the a particular age of a person.