A person’s attitude defines him and the nature of relationships he has with people around him. One’s attitude can be either positive or negative but in no case both.
Why do people have negative thoughts? It is because they believe that expecting the worst might prepare them to handle the situation well. They think if they expect a tragedy to happen, they won’t be disappointed to face it when it actually happens.
In reality, negative thinking leads to negative actions or no action at all. When you think negative, you anticipate a negative outcome and therefore start acting in that manner. This is how things turn out to be negative for you. The same rule applies when you think positively.
The solution lies in avoiding this vicious thinking trap. You can do this as you can control your mind. And if you are confused about the ways to silence negative thoughts, here is how you can do it.
1. Motivate yourself daily: You need to change and erase certain words from your mind and thoughts. Start using words such as I will, I am, and I can instead of I won’t, I can’t and I haven’t. Things will change gradually.
2. Start focusing on areas between two extreme ends: If you think life is either black or white, change your perception. The problem arises when you start thinking in extremes. You need to balance two extremes to get the solution.
3. Eliminate unreasonable rules and expectations: Try to deal with the world the way it is, not the way you expect it to be. The more you expect the more problems you face. This leads to over thinking and you will gain get trapped.
4. It’s okay to fall and get rejected: If you face rejections that do not mean the end of life. That means you have to work harder to achieve what you want to. Sometimes failure teaches you to bounce back in life that too with more intensity.
5. Clear assumptions to get definitive responses: If someone says something, don’t assume they mean something else or there was some hidden message in it. Don’t assume things on your own. If someone says nothing at all, don’t assume their silence has some hidden and negative connotations.Confront if you are confused, but stop assuming things.