Street food, Shopping malls, Monuments or Religious places, you name it; Delhi has it all! So, peeps take a note down about these top 5 must visit places if you plan to visit Delhi.
- Red Fort – This is a majestic monument which is located in Delhi. It is a major tourist attraction all throughout the year. It was built by the Mughals in the year 1638, who resided in this place for nearly 200 years. There are sound and light shows conducted here in the evening. In addition to this, it is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- India Gate -Who doesn’t know the glorious India Gate? It was built in 1931 as a tribute to the 70,000 soldiers killed during First World War and Afghan War. The names of the soldiers are inscribed on the walls of India Gate. The Gate looks majestic in the evening lights, you are sure to be mesmerized.
- Rashtrapati Bhawan – The residence area of the President is surely a place you wouldn’t like to miss! Its vast mansion and fine piece of architecture is just breathtaking. The place is open to tourists on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not only this, the Mughal Garden adds to the beauty and prestige of this place.
- Hauz Khas Village and Deer Park – All the residents of Delhi are surely well-versed with this place. It is a perfect place to spend your evening, there is a beautiful lake across the fort where you can find beautiful swans and ducks. There is also a deer park attached to the Hauz Khas which is sure to astonish you.
- Lotus Temple – This is a temple which is built in form of a Lotus. The Lotus symbolizes four religions namely Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism and Jainism. This is made up of pure white marble and its structure was completed in the year 1986. The place is serene and its pristine beauty attracts many pilgrims.