Negative beliefs drain you of liveliness and keep you from being in the present-day moment. It is the voice of your inner soul that judges you, doubts on you, and repeatedly tells you that you are never fair enough. How come I am dumb , I am an idiot, I am complete phony, I never did anything right, I will never reach my set goals .The negative self talk attracts more unwanted circumstances. we have to quickly change our energy around to get more confidence and happiness and to somehow avoid negative self-talk?
Like it or not, everything you think and speak to yourself actually matters. The problem isn’t that we have negative thoughts. The difficulty comes when we believe our thoughts are true. It prevents you, limits you, and stops you from chasing the life that you truly want to live. It steals your peace of mind and emotional well-being. However, using self-effacement for any reasons, instead of positive self-talk, is just same as choosing punishment over a reward.
Though everything is going good, a little voice in our head will say, “look! Something bad is going to take place.” Then suddenly panic sets in, and we experience that alarming fretful feeling of possibly losing all the good we have for us. Here are some thoughts:
- I’m not fair enough.
- I’m not beautiful.
- I’m too fat.
- I’m a complete stupid.
- He/she’ll never love me.
- I am a horrible person.
- There is everything wrong in me.
- I don’t deserve this and that.
- I can’t do.
All of these types of words are illusions fashioned by our mind, which limits our capacity to enjoy the fullest.
Self-criticism shouldn’t matter. Negative self-talk is never in your concern. There is always a different, gentler, better way to delight yourself that doesn’t comprise negative labels and self-destructive mindsets. In any situation you can focus on what you did wrong or what you did fine and what you can do even healthier next time.
A decent way to test the accuracy of your insights might be to query yourself some thought-provoking questions. These interrogations will aid you to check out your self-talk to see whether your present outlook is equitable. This will also help you learn other customs of thinking about your condition.
Challenging questions to ask ;
- What is my evidence for and contrary to my thinking?
- Are my judgments genuine, or are they just my interpretations?
- Am I actually jumping to undesirable conclusions?
- How can I know if my thoughts are actually true?
Look for alternate clarifications to avoid negative self-talk
- Are there any other means that I could look at this condition?
- What else could this mean?
- If I were being optimistic, how would I observe this situation?
Putting it in viewpoint
- Is this situation as bad as I am constructing out to be?
- What is the worst thing that could occur?
- What is the finest thing that could happen?
- What is most likely to ensue?
- Is it worth?
- Will this trouble in five years’ period?
When you feel concerned, miserable or stressed ,self-talk is likely to become obvious , you’ll be more likely to presume the worst and emphasis on the most negative aspects of your state. So, it’s supportive to attempt and put things into their proper outlook.
By means of goal-directed thinking
- Is thinking this way serving me to sense good or to attain my goals?
- What can I do that will help me crack the problem?
- Is there something I can absorb from this situation, to help me do it better following time?
Here goes the points that I did to overcome my undesirable thoughts :
- Surround yourself with positive folks.
- Change the air of your feelings from negative to positive.
- Take responsibility.
- Help someone.
- Think of that no one is flawless and let yourself move forward.
- List five things that you are thankful for right now.
- Read positive quotes.
Happy positive thinking!